Studies show this and it is that more and more women suffer from disorders such as anxiety, depression, or stress. The rhythm of life has become much more demanding and it is that many women combine work with family life and their own household chores, causing their mood to be altered in a significant way.
Stress in women
Stress is more present in women today than it was a few years ago. More and more women are working as mothers, workers, and housewives. Many things to do and little time, which translates into very high levels of stress. Living in a stressed way is something much more serious than it may seem at first glance and is that stress is a disease that must be treated and quite serious health problems avoided.
A stressed woman is going to have a lot of trouble sleeping properly. Sleep is seriously affected by all the bad that this entails for one’s health. Apart from this, there is an increase in irritability and a worsening of the mood with sudden mood swings. It is very difficult to lead a normal life with so much stress, so it is advisable to go to a doctor who knows how to solve such a problem.
What causes depression in women
There are several causes or reasons why a woman today can suffer from depression:
- The strong demand is one of the most common causes. A woman wants to get to everything, from working to doing different household chores. This has a negative impact on their mental health and they end up suffering different depressive episodes.
- The continuous changes at the hormonal level that women suffer today are the cause of the possible depressive episodes they suffer. The period or menopause causes quite important emotional changes in the vast majority of women.
- The sadness caused by the woman’s daily life makes her suffer a really important depression.
Frustration at the expectations created
The onset of depression or stress in today’s women is largely due to significant frustration as they reach the age of 45 or so. Reality has little to do with the expectations created and this causes a state of anxiety and depression that increases over time.
Feeling little valued for the work done over the years, makes stress come into play in their lives along with other disorders such as depression. Related to this is what is known as the housewife syndrome. Women have devoted themselves body and soul to educating their children and running the house forward, but few people are able to appreciate the enormous amount that this has meant throughout their lives for many of these women.
Some of the health consequences of stress in women
- Stress can cause an aggravation of certain pathologies suffered by the woman in question.
- A stressful state can also cause serious heart health problems. You are more likely to have a heart attack or a heart attack.
- A woman with regular stress is more prone to pain in various areas of her body.
You may also like to read: Best Motivation Tips You Will Read This Year